Gateway Resources is proud to employ a group of thoughtful, compassionate professionals that help to assist our Participants enjoy an enhanced quality of life.
If you think that you would enjoy working in a hands-on environment where you are able to make a positive difference in the lives of others, then you might be a great candidate to be a Direct Support Professional.
Direct Support Professionals
We are currently looking for Direct Support Professionals to work full time and part time within our organization.
For our Residential Program, the successful candidate will support individuals in their home and assist in providing an environment in which residents can become valued members of the community through integration. A variety of schedules are available. Please indicate your availability when applying.
The successful applicant must:
- Have a genuine interest in supporting people with intellectual disabilities;
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Have a minimum Canadian grade 10 education or equivalent;
- Have a valid Driver’s License/Use of personal vehicle required;
- Be willing to take First Aid training and complete a Criminal Record Check;
- Complete an Adult Abuse Registry Check;
- Have experience in meal planning and preparation, and house cleaning;
- Be motivated and willing to work as a team, and able to work independently;
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Be available to work flexible hours including the occasional statutory holiday.
Please fill out the application form below or e-mail your resume directly to PattyAnne Lepage, CPHR, Director of Human Resources.
PattyAnne LePage, CPHR, Director of Human Resources
Gateway Resources Inc.
1582 Pembina Avenue
Winkler, MB R6W 4B4
Phone: 204-325-7304 ext. 233/Fax: 204-325-1958
Frequently Asked Questions by Direct Support Professionals (DSP)
What type of training do I need to be a DSP?
Minimum Grade 10 education; CPR/First Aid Training upon hire; experience in the health care field is an asset.
Are there opportunities for growth in my career?
Yes, there are management positions in all divisions to work towards.
Are the hours flexible?
Yes. We have part time, full time, and casual positions available. Positions in residential are set on a 2-week rotation basis. Options available include daytime, evening, and overnight shifts. All residential staff work every other weekend. There is also opportunity to pick up extra hours.
What benefits are provided to DSP?
Gateway offers part time (minimum number of hours required) and full time staff an extensive Health and Dental Benefits Plan and a Pension Plan.