Gateway Resources is proud to employ a group of thoughtful, compassionate professionals that help to assist our Residents and Participants enjoy an enhanced quality of life.
If you think that you would enjoy working in a hands-on environment where you are able to make a positive difference in the lives of others, then you might be a great candidate to be a Direct Support Professional.
Direct Support Professionals
We are currently looking for Direct Support Professionals to work full time and part time within our organization.
For our Residential Program, the successful candidate will support individuals in their home and assist in providing an environment in which residents can become valued members of the community through integration. A variety of schedules are available. Please indicate your availability and/or scheduling restrictions when applying.
The successful applicant must:
– Have a genuine interest in supporting people with intellectual disabilities;
– Be 18 years of age or older;
– Have a minimum Canadian grade 10 education or equivalent;
– Have a valid Manitoba Driver’s License. Use of personal vehicle required (Mileage reimbursement is provided for work purposes);
– Be willing to take First Aid training and complete a Criminal Record Check;
– Complete an Adult Abuse Registry Check;
– Have experience in meal planning and preparation, and house cleaning;
– Be motivated and willing to work as a team, and able to work independently;
– Have strong verbal and written communication skills;
– Be available to work flexible hours including the occasional statutory holiday.
Please fill out the application form below or e-mail your resume directly to PattyAnne Lepage, CPHR, Director of Human Resources.
Frequently Asked Questions by Direct Support Professionals (DSP)
What type of training do I need to be a DSP?
Minimum Grade 10 education; CPR/First Aid Training upon hire; experience in the health care field is an asset.
Are there opportunities for growth in my career?
Yes, there are management positions in all divisions to work towards.
Are the hours flexible?
Yes. We have part time, full time, and casual positions available. Positions in residential are set on a 2-week rotation basis. Options available include daytime, evening, and overnight shifts. All residential staff work every other weekend. There is also opportunity to pick up extra hours.
What benefits are provided to DSP?
Gateway offers part time (40 hours or more biweekly) and full time staff an extensive Health and Dental Benefits Plan, Employee Assistance Plan and matched contribution Pension Plan.
Home Stay Coordinator
We are growing again and have a great opportunity for a Home Stay Coordinator to join our team in Winkler.
The Home Share Program is a new service for our organization. Home Share refers to a living situation in which an adult who is eligible for support through the Department of Families shares a home with a licensed support provider contracted to provide support and assistance. The home is owned, rented or leased by the support provider.
This is an active leadership role – working with members of the community to provide quality housing in their homes to adults living with an intellectual disability.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, self-directed, will work effectively in this independent role, and able to set priorities in a shifting environment of demands. This is a key role in providing support, training, feedback and supervision for our Home Share Program participants. It includes follow-up with Incident Reporting, problem-solving, assisting with case management, leading training and meetings with Home Share Program providers. Individuals will need to be detail oriented and able to follow-through on policies and protocols.
This is a half time position (20 hours per week) for mainly Monday to Friday. However, flexibility in evenings and weekends may be required to meet with Home Share Program participants or providers, or to support training.
• Strong written and oral communication skills necessary
• Ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
• Experience in planning, evaluation, and improvement of systems
• Be willing to continue with professional development related to position
• Work in cooperation with Director of Housing to identify areas of need and develop strategies to help meet those needs
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social work, business and/or related area plus a
minimum of two years minimum related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Must be able to provide a current Criminal Record check and complete an Adult Abuse Registry Check
• Valid class 5 Drivers license and use of own vehicle
• Current Emergency CPR/First Aid or willing to take course within first month of employment if successful candidate.
Please include a cover letter with your resume detailing how your education, experience and skills relate to our position plus your resume to:
Patty Anne LePage, CPHR
Director of Human Resources
1582 Pembina Avenue, Winkler, MB
PH (204) 325-7304 ext. 233 Fax (204) 325-1958
Applications will be accepted until Thursday, January 9th, 2020 by 12 noon. Gateway offers a competitive wage structure, excellent health and dental benefits (100% of the premiums paid by the employer) and a matched contribution pension plan.