Gateway Resources is proud to employ a group of thoughtful, compassionate professionals that help to assist our Residents and Participants enjoy an enhanced quality of life.
If you think that you would enjoy working in a hands-on environment where you are able to make a positive difference in the lives of others, then you might be a great candidate to be a Direct Support Professional.
Direct Support Professionals
We are currently looking for Direct Support Professionals to work full time and part time within our organization.
For our Residential Program, the successful candidate will support individuals in their home and assist in providing an environment in which residents can become valued members of the community through integration. A variety of schedules are available. Please indicate your availability and/or scheduling restrictions when applying.
The successful applicant must:
– Have a genuine interest in supporting people with intellectual disabilities;
– Be 18 years of age or older;
– Have a minimum Canadian grade 10 education or equivalent;
– Have a valid Manitoba Driver’s License. Use of personal vehicle required (Mileage reimbursement is provided for work purposes);
– Be willing to take First Aid training and complete a Criminal Record Check;
– Complete an Adult Abuse Registry Check;
– Have experience in meal planning and preparation, and house cleaning;
– Be motivated and willing to work as a team, and able to work independently;
– Have strong verbal and written communication skills;
– Be available to work flexible hours including the occasional statutory holiday.
Please fill out the application form below or e-mail your resume directly to PattyAnne Lepage, CPHR, Director of Human Resources.
We have a great opportunity for a Residential Manager to join our team in Winkler. The successful candidate will head up one of our newest homes, Scotia Drive.
Gateway Resources Inc. provides services and supports for individuals living with an intellectual disability in the Winkler/ Morden area.
This is an active leadership role and involves supporting our participants in all areas of life-social, emotional, spiritual and physical. The successful candidate will support a residential home with 3 residents plus manage a team of seven direct support professionals. We strive to provide consistent expectations and training for staff and to be a workplace of choice
The successful candidate will be highly organized, self-directed and able to set priorities in a shifting environment of demands. In addition, administrative duties will include scheduling and management of staff, fiscal responsibility for program budgets and policies of financial management. The successful candidate must have excellent communications skills for use within and outside of our agency including department of families, medical teams and family supports.
The tentative schedule at present is Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. with on call responsibility in off hours when required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary
- Ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Possess strong leadership skills and have the ability to motivate staff
- Will include experience in planning and decision making.
- Be willing to continue with professional development related to position
- Work in collaboration with the Residential Coordinators to identify areas of need and to assist in strategies to help meet those need
- Use of personal vehicle is required (mileage reimbursement is provided)
- Post-secondary education plus a minimum of two years related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Supervisory experience in a social services field is an asset.
- A genuine interest in working with adults living with an intellectual disability
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, acting as a liaison between residents, their families, staff and community service workers.
- Must be able to provide a current Criminal Record Check and complete an Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License and use of own vehicle.
- Must have current Emergency CPR/First Aid or be able to get it prior to starting if the successful candidate
Please include a cover letter with your resume detailing how your education, experience and skills relate to our position plus your resume to:
Patty Anne LePage, CPHR
Director of Human Resources
1582 Pembina Avenue, Winkler, MB
PH (204) 325-7304 ext. 233 Fax (204) 325-1958
Applications will be accepted until Monday, October 7th, 2019 by 4 p.m.Gateway offers a competitive wage structure, excellent health and dental benefits (100% of the premiums paid by the employer) and a matched contribution pension plan.
Frequently Asked Questions by Direct Support Professionals (DSP)
What type of training do I need to be a DSP?
Minimum Grade 10 education; CPR/First Aid Training upon hire; experience in the health care field is an asset.
Are there opportunities for growth in my career?
Yes, there are management positions in all divisions to work towards.
Are the hours flexible?
Yes. We have part time, full time, and casual positions available. Positions in residential are set on a 2-week rotation basis. Options available include daytime, evening, and overnight shifts. All residential staff work every other weekend. There is also opportunity to pick up extra hours.
What benefits are provided to DSP?
Gateway offers part time (40 hours or more biweekly) and full time staff an extensive Health and Dental Benefits Plan, Employee Assistance Plan and matched contribution Pension Plan.