The iPads and Webcams were purchased in the month of December for Residential and Day Program, and with the realities of living with the current restrictions, the timing couldn’t have been better. Gateway staff in both the Residential and Community Learning sectors are preparing and providing content that homes and individuals can access.
The iPads and Webcams were purchased with the following goals in mind:
- For individuals in Residences to connect with family and friends, particularly during periods of isolation and visitor restrictions related to COVID-19; but also beneficial on-going to connect with family and friends who are not living locally;
- To provide more opportunities for individuals in Day Program to learn and build skills in using technology.
Some possible options for uses of these devices are:
- Hosting online events for Participants;
- Hosting virtual dance classes;
- Regular Bingo nights with prizes;
- Take part in online events with, for example, Special Olympics, which would allow athletes to connect online.