Summer Day Camp
June 5, 2019
We are excited to announce that Gateway will be hosting a summer day camp during July and August, for children ages 5-12, allowing them to explore learning and creativity in a fun and interactive setting. Each day will run from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., and will be held at Gateway Resources in Winkler. This program can be especially helpful for parents who work during the day and don’t have day care options
The Sessions are as follows:
Session 1: Canada Day, July 2 – 5
Session 2: Mad Science, July 22 – 26
Session 3: Wacky Water Week, August 6 – 9
Session 4: Our Community, August 19 – 23
The cost for a 5 day session is $85. 4 day sessions cost $68. For more information or a registration form please e-mail email@example.com or call 204-325-7304 ext 235.
Faces of Gateway – Gala Fundraiser
May 26, 2019
Thank you to everyone that supported our annual fundraiser – Faces of Gateway! The evening included a Silent Auction with great auction options such as an Instant Pot, Goldeyes tickets, an Epicure assortment basket, a massage-pampering package, a Mexican food/snack package, just to name a few. The meal, prepared and served by George K Catering, did not disappoint. Thank you to Chris Sumner who was our MC for the evening. This year the Gala focused on the Operations sector of Gateway. A video, prepared by Patrick Simoens, gave everyone a glimpse into the daily life of both employees and participants who work in the Operations Division. Loni Derksen, Director of Operations, along with two participants, spoke at the Gala. All who attended were moved by the passion and dedication to Gateway that was shared that evening.The generosity and support of all of our community partnerships, families, friends and the many relationships we have with the business community is a blessing to us. Thank you for being a part of our organization.
Gateway Resources purchases Clay Owl
March 7, 2019
Gateway Resources is expanding our services to offer a
Social Enterprise Opportunity for adults living with an intellectual disability
in our community. This opportunity will allow individuals we work with to
gain further job skills and assist them in their training.
Through Gateway Resources Day Program, we have been providing a variety of work
and skill development opportunities; many people have been receiving on the job
training which decreases barriers for people who live with disabilities in the
community. Gainful and meaningful employment can be anything from a
couple of hours a day, one morning a week or anything else we can think of.
Expanding our services enables us to provide our supported individuals with
additional opportunities to be part of the larger community. This
is an amazing opportunity for Gateway Resources to continue to offer additional
services to the individuals we support.
Gateway Resources and Corrie Kehler from Clay Owl would like to announce that
she is selling her business to Gateway Resources as of April 1st ,
2019. We are looking forward to a smooth transition and are excited to
see the value Clay Owl has brought to the community continue.
Clay Owl is well known in the community and surrounding area. In the span
of 6+ years they have had customers from Winkler and surrounding communities
and as far as Emerson, Crystal City and Winnipeg. They have
programs that run consistently with groups from Emerson Rec. Centre, Morden
Rec. Centre, Northland Childcare Centre, Winkler Community Choices, Bella’s
Castle, Carman & Morden YFC etc. They also have a large client
base that returns regularly to paint with family and friends. Many
have made it a tradition to paint Christmas ornaments, some for the entire 6
years we’ve been open. In addition to this they continue to
regularly have people painting for the first time. We’ve also added
events such as “Paint Me a Story” or “Paint Me a Movie” which have been well
loved in the community.
The hours for Clay Owl hours will remain the same at this time and we are encouraging people to use any gift cards they have as soon as possible, but will be accepted until the end of June.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
(Photo compliments of Ashleigh Viveiros)
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Gateway’s Recycling Program
April 9, 2018
As an agency that provides supports to over 150 adults living with an intellectual disability, one of the main components of our services is to find meaningful employment opportunities for the individuals we support.
One of the many ways we do this is with our recycling program.
We recycling the following items:
- Aluminum – Beverage Cans, Trays, Pie Plates & other Containers, Foil
- Box Board – Single Layer such as Cereal, Tissue Boxes
- Cardboard – Corrugated
- Glass – Food Jars & Beverage Containers (such as Pop, Wine, Spirit, & Beer Bottles)
- Milk Jugs
- Milk & Juice Cartons/Boxes, Tetra-pak Containers
- Paper – Newspapers, Flyers, Inserts, Junk Mail, Office Paper Materials such as Letter Quality Paper, Envelopes (With or Without Windows), Copier Paper, Computer Printouts, Paper Egg Cartons, Phone Books, Paperback or Hardcover Books, Magazines, Catalogues, Bagged Shredded Paper, Brown Paper Bags, Tissue Roll Cores, Gift and Packing Paper
- Plastics with Recycling Logo #1, 2, 4, 5, & 7 such as Pop & Water Bottles, Laundry Detergent Jugs, Shampoo Bottles, Condiment Bottles, Food Containers such as Yogurt, Margarine, etc.
- Tin Cans – Soup, Ketchup, etc.
We do not recycling:
- #3 – Hard Plastics such as CD Cases or Plastics that Shatter
- #6 – Plastic such as Muffin Containers, Individual Yogurt Containers, etc.
- Bubble Wrap
- Disposable Diapers
- Fluorescent Bulbs (Can be dropped off at Rona)
- Household Hazardous, Bio-hazardous, Chemical Waste/Containers (Accepted at the City of Winkler Public Works Yard – 345 1st St.)
- Light Bulbs
- Medical Waste (Syringes, Bio-Hazardous Material)
- Outdoor Lawn Furniture
- Plastic Bags
- Plasticized, Waxed, or Laminated Material
- Propane or Helium Tanks
- Pyrex or Dishware Glass, Window Glass, Mirrors, Ceramics, Porcelain
- Rubber Tires
- Scrap Metals
- Styrofoam/Styrofoam Packing Material
- Wood Waste
- All Batteries Except for Automotive Batteries
- Answering Machines
- Cell Phones
- Computer Cables, Keyboards, Mice & Monitors
- Computer & Video Gaming Peripherals
- Computer/Conductor Wires
- Desktop & Portable Computers
- DVD Players, VCR’s
- Fax Machines
- IT Devices
- Medical & Monitoring Devices
- Photo Copiers
- Portable Audio & Video Devices
You might have heard about the trying times ahead for recycling. It is important that you take an interest in the product you are putting out on the curb. Take a few minutes to ensure only recyclable products are put out, rinse your containers, and recycle everything you can.