Summer is around the corner and we will once again be offering our Summer Day Camp! It’s a fun place for friendship, learning, and adventure for children ages 5-12. COVID-19 precautions will be followed. See the photos for more details. For registration or questions please contact Mike Klassen at 204-325-7304 (ext 228) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Day Camp
April 5, 2021
COVID Restrictions at Gateway
January 7, 2021
COVID Restrictions – To the Individuals we support:
Due to the fact that Manitoba is in Code Red, we are offering only critical services. Regular services/programs/activities are suspended until further notice.
December 7, 2020
The iPads and Webcams were purchased in the month of December for Residential and Day Program, and with the realities of living with the current restrictions, the timing couldn’t have been better. Gateway staff in both the Residential and Community Learning sectors are preparing and providing content that homes and individuals can access.
The iPads and Webcams were purchased with the following goals in mind:
- For individuals in Residences to connect with family and friends, particularly during periods of isolation and visitor restrictions related to COVID-19; but also beneficial on-going to connect with family and friends who are not living locally;
- To provide more opportunities for individuals in Day Program to learn and build skills in using technology.
Some possible options for uses of these devices are:
- Hosting online events for Participants;
- Hosting virtual dance classes;
- Regular Bingo nights with prizes;
- Take part in online events with, for example, Special Olympics, which would allow athletes to connect online.
INCLEMENT WEATHER GUIDELINES
October 21, 2020
In the event of inclement weather, Gateway Resources Inc. will follow the process as laid out below:
Staff/Guardian will listen to the local radio stations CKMW or CFAM for an announcement indicating the Western School Division is closed, or that bus services have been cancelled for the day. If this is the case, Gateway’s Morden Bus Services will be also be cancelled for that day. Residential staff and care givers will be responsible for providing care to the individuals who would normally be picked up for Day Services.
Staff/Guardian will listen to the local radio stations CKMW or CFAM for an announcement indicating that the Garden Valley School Division is closed, or that bus services have been cancelled for the day. If this is the case, Gateway’s Winkler Bus Services will also be cancelled for that day. Residential staff and care givers will be responsible for providing care to the individuals who would normally be picked up for Day Services.
Staff/Guardian will listen to the local radio stations CKMW or CFAM for an announcement indicating that the Prairie Rose School Division is closed or that bus services have been cancelled for the day. If this is the case, Gateway’s Northern Route Transportation Services will also be cancelled for that day. Residential staff and care givers will be responsible for providing care to the individuals who would normally be picked up for Day Services.
IF THE WEATHER PERMITS AND THE WORKSHOP REMAINS OPEN FOR THE DAY, BUT BUS SERVIES ARE CANCELLED, participants who have an alternative mode of transportation will be provided Day Services. However, they will be responsible to arrange their own transportation to and from their residence.
IF THE RADIO ANNOUNCEMENT STATES THAT GATEWAY RESOURCES IS CLOSED FOR THE DAY DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER, THERE WILL BE NO DAY SERVICES.
GATEWAY PARKING LOT:
Gateway’s Parking Lot has become a very busy place. The traffic flow has increased due to a number of reasons and we are noticing more vehicles using Gateway’s front parking lot as a drive-through/turn-around. For the safety of everyone, we are asking anyone using our parking lot to use caution and drive slowly when entering or leaving the parking lot.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Gateway’s Recycling Program
April 9, 2018
As an agency that provides supports to over 150 adults living with an intellectual disability, one of the main components of our services is to find meaningful employment opportunities for the individuals we support.
One of the many ways we do this is with our recycling program.
We recycling the following items:
- Aluminum – Beverage Cans, Trays, Pie Plates & other Containers, Foil
- Box Board – Single Layer such as Cereal, Tissue Boxes
- Cardboard – Corrugated
- Glass – Food Jars & Beverage Containers (such as Pop, Wine, Spirit, & Beer Bottles)
- Milk Jugs
- Milk & Juice Cartons/Boxes, Tetra-pak Containers
- Paper – Newspapers, Flyers, Inserts, Junk Mail, Office Paper Materials such as Letter Quality Paper, Envelopes (With or Without Windows), Copier Paper, Computer Printouts, Paper Egg Cartons, Phone Books, Paperback or Hardcover Books, Magazines, Catalogues, Bagged Shredded Paper, Brown Paper Bags, Tissue Roll Cores, Gift and Packing Paper
- Plastics with Recycling Logo #1, 2, 4, 5, & 7 such as Pop & Water Bottles, Laundry Detergent Jugs, Shampoo Bottles, Condiment Bottles, Food Containers such as Yogurt, Margarine, etc.
- Tin Cans – Soup, Ketchup, etc.
We do not recycling:
- #3 – Hard Plastics such as CD Cases or Plastics that Shatter
- #6 – Plastic such as Muffin Containers, Individual Yogurt Containers, etc.
- Bubble Wrap
- Disposable Diapers
- Fluorescent Bulbs (Can be dropped off at Rona)
- Household Hazardous, Bio-hazardous, Chemical Waste/Containers (Accepted at the City of Winkler Public Works Yard – 345 1st St.)
- Light Bulbs
- Medical Waste (Syringes, Bio-Hazardous Material)
- Outdoor Lawn Furniture
- Plastic Bags
- Plasticized, Waxed, or Laminated Material
- Propane or Helium Tanks
- Pyrex or Dishware Glass, Window Glass, Mirrors, Ceramics, Porcelain
- Rubber Tires
- Scrap Metals
- Styrofoam/Styrofoam Packing Material
- Wood Waste
- All Batteries Except for Automotive Batteries
- Answering Machines
- Cell Phones
- Computer Cables, Keyboards, Mice & Monitors
- Computer & Video Gaming Peripherals
- Computer/Conductor Wires
- Desktop & Portable Computers
- DVD Players, VCR’s
- Fax Machines
- IT Devices
- Medical & Monitoring Devices
- Photo Copiers
- Portable Audio & Video Devices
You might have heard about the trying times ahead for recycling. It is important that you take an interest in the product you are putting out on the curb. Take a few minutes to ensure only recyclable products are put out, rinse your containers, and recycle everything you can.