The Operations Division
Director of Operations: Loni Derksen
The Operations Division provides a work environment suitable to the needs of adults living with an intellectual disability.
Our goal in the Operations Division is to:
- Provide meaningful work activities for individuals with intellectual disabilities;
- Allow the people we serve to take a place in the community by producing products that have significance and value;
- Provide opportunities to learn.
The Operations Division engages participants in:
- Recycling paper, plastics, metal, aluminum;
- E-waste collection for the City of Winkler and surrounding area;
- Specialty packaging;
- Custom and confidential paper shredding;
- The production of pallets, crates, and wooden boxes;
- Offering products and services on a contract basis.
The Woodroom provides basic training in carpentry skills.
We build custom-order crates and pallets which are sold to local manufacturing industries.
We are certified by the HT Program to provide heat-treated pallets and crates for export purposes.
Below are pictures of some of the pallets and crates we manufacture. For more information contact Loni Derksen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Approximately 2000 metric tonnes of recyclables are diverted from landfills annually through our recycling program.
We have been responsible for curbside pick-up of residential household recyclables for the City of Winkler since 2005.
Surrounding municipalities bring their recyclables to Gateway for processing.
We are an approved E-waste collection site (November 2009).
We have a recycling/e-waste drop-off depot, open 24/7.
Recycling gives us the opportunity to contribute to an Eco-friendly industry that supports environmental sustainability.
For a list of acceptable recyclables/E-waste click here.
For information on recyclable collection for your area please refer to the City of Winkler website.
We have a large commercial shredder onsite and provide confidential shredding of documents for businesses/general public at a cost of $0.27/kg. (Staples and paper clips do not need to be removed from documents to be shredded.)
Shredding hours – Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.