As an agency that provides supports to over 150 adults living with an intellectual disability, one of the main components of our services is to find meaningful employment opportunities for the individuals we support.
One of the many ways we do this is with our recycling program.
We recycling the following items:
- Aluminum – Beverage Cans, Trays, Pie Plates & other Containers, Foil
- Box Board – Single Layer such as Cereal, Tissue Boxes
- Cardboard – Corrugated
- Glass – Food Jars & Beverage Containers (such as Pop, Wine, Spirit, & Beer Bottles)
- Milk Jugs
- Milk & Juice Cartons/Boxes, Tetra-pak Containers
- Paper – Newspapers, Flyers, Inserts, Junk Mail, Office Paper Materials such as Letter Quality Paper, Envelopes (With or Without Windows), Copier Paper, Computer Printouts, Paper Egg Cartons, Phone Books, Paperback or Hardcover Books, Magazines, Catalogues, Bagged Shredded Paper, Brown Paper Bags, Tissue Roll Cores, Gift and Packing Paper
- Plastics with Recycling Logo #1, 2, 4, 5, & 7 such as Pop & Water Bottles, Laundry Detergent Jugs, Shampoo Bottles, Condiment Bottles, Food Containers such as Yogurt, Margarine, etc.
- Tin Cans – Soup, Ketchup, etc.
We do not recycling:
- #3 – Hard Plastics such as CD Cases or Plastics that Shatter
- #6 – Plastic such as Muffin Containers, Individual Yogurt Containers, etc.
- Bubble Wrap
- Disposable Diapers
- Fluorescent Bulbs (Can be dropped off at Rona)
- Household Hazardous, Bio-hazardous, Chemical Waste/Containers (Accepted at the City of Winkler Public Works Yard – 345 1st St.)
- Light Bulbs
- Medical Waste (Syringes, Bio-Hazardous Material)
- Outdoor Lawn Furniture
- Plastic Bags
- Plasticized, Waxed, or Laminated Material
- Propane or Helium Tanks
- Pyrex or Dishware Glass, Window Glass, Mirrors, Ceramics, Porcelain
- Rubber Tires
- Scrap Metals
- Styrofoam/Styrofoam Packing Material
- Wood Waste
- All Batteries Except for Automotive Batteries
- Answering Machines
- Cell Phones
- Computer Cables, Keyboards, Mice & Monitors
- Computer & Video Gaming Peripherals
- Computer/Conductor Wires
- Desktop & Portable Computers
- DVD Players, VCR’s
- Fax Machines
- IT Devices
- Medical & Monitoring Devices
- Photo Copiers
- Portable Audio & Video Devices
You might have heard about the trying times ahead for recycling. It is important that you take an interest in the product you are putting out on the curb. Take a few minutes to ensure only recyclable products are put out, rinse your containers, and recycle everything you can.